Rechargeable and single use batteries
Many batteries contain toxic heavy metals, including lead, nickel, cadmium and mercury, which can be recovered and re-used.
Recycling batteries is important as it removes potentially harmful items from the environment.
- Preventing heavy metals leaking into the ground which may cause soil and water pollution and endangering animal and plant life.
- Incinerating batteries with household waste causes air pollution due to the heavy metal components in different types of batteries.
The Battery Recycling Process
- Sorted by battery chemistry
- Packaged safely according to shipping legislation
- Shipped to authorised facilities in Europe for further processing