The KMK Metals Recycling facility in Kilbeggan has a total site area of approximately 17,000 m2, comprised of two large connected buildings with a covered area of 3,803 m2. The site is currently permitted to handle 10,000 tonnes of waste per annum. At maximum capacity, following the issue of the applied for Industrial Emissions Licence with the EPA, the facility is expected to treat up to 50,000 tonnes of WEEE per annum.
The following processes are in place at the facility:
- A Flat Panel Display (FPD) sorting process for LED, LCD and Plasma televisions,
- A Robotic process for the safe removal of mercury backlights from our LCD FPD televisions,
- A Large Household Appliances (LHA) process for the depollution and baling of large white goods such as washing machines and dishwashers,
- A plastic fines treatment process for the removal of precious metals from our plastic fines generated at our Tullamore facility and,
- A transfer point for fridges which are shipped to dedicated fridge treatment plants for processing.