The KMK Metals Recycling facility in Kilbeggan has a total site area of approximately 17,000 m2, comprised of two large connected buildings with a covered area of 3,803 m2. The site is currently permitted to handle 50,000 tonnes of waste per annum.
The following processes are in place at the facility:
- A Flat Panel Display (FPD) sorting process for LED, LCD and Plasma televisions,
- A Robotic process for the safe removal of mercury backlights from our LCD FPD televisions,
- A Large Household Appliances (LHA) process for the depollution and baling of large white goods such as washing machines and dishwashers,
- A plastic fines treatment process for the removal of precious metals from our plastic fines generated at our Tullamore facility and,
- A transfer point for fridges which are shipped to dedicated fridge treatment plants for processing.